Rally for Action
Multi-city, large-scale rallies, like the People’s Climate March and the Women’s March, designed to:
- increase awareness, education, and urgency around climate change
- create a rallying moment for concerned citizens, corporations, organizations, climate leaders, and government representatives to join forces
- grow the scale of the climate response to the necessary scope to effectively address it
Rally for Action
The Rallies for Action are the high-visibility, attention-getting centerpieces of the Month for Action.
We’re using the Rallies and Marches for Action to:
- create wide media coverage to raise climate awareness across society
- expand awareness and education about the impacts and consequences of climate change on our daily lives
- create an opportunity for corporations, organizations, and politicians to demonstrate their commitment and leadership
- create a connection between our commitment to climate change and our voting and purchasing choices
- help us stay connected to our commitments to climate change via ongoing actions
- create awareness and interest in our Gatherings for Action
March for Action
The first part of the Marches for Action are the high-energy release valves for all of our pent-up emotions and frustrations.
The second half of the marches are devoted to reinforcing the actions that we’re all willing to take following the March to proactively create the world we want to live in.
Gather for Action
The Gatherings for Action are designed to be the bridges from the high-energy Rallies and Marches for Action to our daily lives, helping us find ways to stay connected to our commitments around climate change, incorporating climate-friendly lifestyle, purchasing, and voting choices into our lives on an ongoing basis.
A major component of the Month for Action and the Rallies for Action are featuring the Leaders for Action in our communities and our society:
- elected and government officials
- climate advocacy leaders
We’re inviting climate leaders and public officials to come inspire people about what we can accomplish together by Uniting for Action.
Invited Leaders for Action
Here’s a selection of the Leaders for Action that we’ve identified for their outspoken support of climate issues, and are inviting to participate in our Month for Action.
These are the types of national leaders of climate change that we want to bring together in our large-scale Campaigns for Action:
- national climate organizations, such as: The Climate Reality Project, The People’s Climate Movement, 350.org, Indigenous Environmental Network, The Sierra Club, etc.
- national activist organizations, such as: Women’s March, ACLU, NAACP, National Organization of Women, National Urban League, Native American Rights Fund, etc.
- political organizations, such as: The League of Women Voters, Our Revolution, Indivisible, MoveOn, Rock the Vote, Citizens’ Climate Lobby, RepublicEn, etc.
- corporations that publicly expressed support for the Paris Climate Accord before the withdrawal announcement, such as: Apple, Facebook, Gap, Google, HP, Intel, Levi Strauss, Mars, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, PG&E, Salesforce, Tiffany & Co., etc.
- campaign creators, such as: The Ad Council, The Amplifier Foundation, etc.
- public officials, current and past, such as: Al Gore, Bernie Sanders, Michael Bloomberg, Bill de Blasio, Andrew Cuomo, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jerry Brown, etc.
- high profile environmental advocates, such as: Bill McKibben, Naomi Klein, Bob Inglis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Bill Nye, Ed Norton, Matt Damon, Ed Begley Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Jessica Alba, Don Cheadle, David Letterman, Harrison Ford, Sigourney Weaver, Jack Black, America Ferrera, Lesley Stahl, Gisele Bundchen, Richard Branson, James Cameron, etc.
- foundations, such as: Barr Foundation, Bloomberg Philanthropies, Energy Foundation, Hewlett Foundation, MacArthur Foundation, The Kresge Foundation, The McKnight Foundation, UN Foundation, etc.
- filmmakers, such as: The Discovery Channel, National Geographic, etc.
- art activists, such as: Steve Cutts, Shepard Fairey, etc.
* Note: These are climate leaders who are being invited, and whose participation we welcome in our Month for Action campaign. Unless otherwise indicated, none of these people or organizations have yet made a commitment to be affiliated in any way with Uniting for Action.
Calls to Action
- support local and national climate advocacy organizations
- engage with government officials and candidates
- make voting choices in alignment with principles
- make purchasing choices in alignment with principles
- attend a Gathering for Action to connect with others and support ongoing actions
- join Uniting for Action to keep expanding the scope and scale of our collective efforts